Just-A-Little Horse Farm
- When driving in and out of property CRAWL for the safety of people and children.
- Only park in the designated barn parking areas, do not block garages or barn access.
- Make sure if you open a gate you close the gate.
- Do not climb over any fencing.
- NO SMOKING on the property, that means NO SMOKING!
- Lesson hours are from 8 am to 8 pm Sunday to Saturday.
- Helmets MUST be worn at all times when mounted, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Appropriate shoes with heel are required when you are participating is a lesson.
- All riders MUST SIGN A WAIVER of liability form.
- Minors must have an adult present to ride.
- Children (not participating in lessons) must be closely monitored and may not enter the arena, stalls or paddock. They must be accompanied by a parent/guardian while on the property.
- Only lead one horse at a time.
- No trail riding, riding in field without a trail buddy or supervision of an instructor.
- No jumping the horse without a trainer present and supervising.
- If someone falls from a horse do not move them call for the instructor they have first aid and CPR training.
- If the emergency seems serious call 911.
- If a school horse is injured get assistance from the owner or a riding instructor, DO NOT try to treat the animal.
- Do not handle any equine medicine, grooming or hoof products without the supervision of an instructor or owner of property.
- No dogs.
- This stable is a private residency, so please keep this in mind when using the barn facilities.
*** Rules subject to changes/additions without notice***
EQUINE RELEASE and WAIVER
If involved in equine activities pursuant to Section 3.2-6202 amended of the Code of Virginia the undersigned(s) execute(s) this waiver of the undersigned(s) rights to sue and agree(s) to assume all risks resulting from the “intrinsic dangers of equine activities”. "Intrinsic dangers of equine activities" is defined as those dangers or conditions that are an integral part of equine activities, including but not limited to, (i) the propensity of equines to behave in ways that may result in injury, harm, or death to persons on or around them; (ii) the unpredictability of an equine's reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movement, and unfamiliar objects, persons, or other animals; (iii) certain hazards such as surface and subsurface conditions; (iv) collisions with other animals or objects; and (v) the potential of a participant acting in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury to the participant or others, such as failing to maintain control over the equine or not acting within the participant's ability.
This waiver shall remain valid unless expressly revoked by the participant or Parent or guardian of a minor. The revocation shall be in writing which shall be delivered to the provider and shall become effective thirty (30) days after delivery to the provider.
Waivers executed by a participant or parent or guardian of a participant shall apply to all equine activities in which the participant is involved in the next succeeding twelve (12) month period unless earlier expressly revoked in writing. The revocation shall become effective thirty (30) days after it is delivered to the provider.
All participants will be required to sign a EQUINE RELEASE AND WAIVER before participating in any activities!